It's a different use of JS and it's used to solve problems I don't think about solving with JS. Clearly, that indicates a gap in my understanding of how it works and how it can be used. Time to fill in that gap.
Using a few early morning hours each day from Tuesday, June 20th to Sunday, June 25th, 2017 using:
- Node's event-driven, single-threaded, non-blocking I/O model is unlike most other server-side technologies
- Node's I/O model makes it fast but since it's single-threaded it also means all users share the same memory space. Scoping variables properly is very important.
- Basics of these frameworks: Express, Supertest, Tape
- Basics of PM2 and REPL
- Global scope and what it contains
- The Buffer and its main methods
Worthy Resources Next Time permalink